- Developing new innovative initiatives/program strategies for a longstanding not for profit community arts organization in South Etobicoke.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, areas of oversight include: staff management, program administration, developing and maintenance of strategic partnerships, budgeting, evaluation and reporting and grant-writing.
- During my time at Lakeshore Arts the organization won the Community Art Educator Award from the Ontario Art Educators Association as well as the Employer of the Year from Community Living Toronto.
- Managed team dynamics during a period of growth. Established best practices, policies and procedures in HR and performance development
- Spearheaded project initiatives including micro-grants and artist residencies
- Active participant in creating a 5 year strategic plan and goal setting
- Targeted opportunities for mentorship to contribute to sector wide growth
- Bridging connections between large arts and cultural institutions and under-served Toronto communities outside the core
- During my time at Art Starts the organization won the Arts for Youth Award from the Toronto Arts Foundation as well as a Vital Ideas Award from the Toronto Community Foundation
Administrations and Communications Manager Jan 2012 – Aug 2014
All of the previous position’s duties but responsibilities increased to include:
- Creation, integration and training of new staff positions to offset growing workload
- Organization wide communications strategies including website re-design, social media campaigns, biweekly newsletters, promotional materials, crowd funding, branding and merchandise. Increased PR strategy gained us segments on the CBC, Global TV, Rogers TV and stories in the Toronto Star
Administrations Manager April 2010- Dec 2011
- Daily bookkeeping including AR/AP, payroll, budgeting, financial and grant reporting
- Management of logistics including studio rentals and program scheduling
- Managing facilities through periods of construction to accommodate stakeholders ensuring no disruption
THE LIVING ARTS CENTRE, Mississauga On.
Community Course Coordinator (Interim) Apr – Aug 2008
- During a staffing transition I assumed the role of Community Course Coordinator
- Managed programming for 65+ multidisciplinary courses and over 40 instructors
- Created purchase orders and ordered studio supplies working within annual budgets
- Front line customer service support and conflict resolution for patrons
Studio Arts Administrator and Program Assistant Nov 2007 -April 2010
- Managed studio rentals and program bookings in our theatres and artist studios
- Worked with Managers to support programming including courses, school programs and camps
- Installed artwork in the onsite gallery including site-specific artwork
- Created budgets, processed payments and administered payroll for staff